The Production Supervisor position is a high impact role within our manufacturing team, with key responsibilities supervising the day to day activities of the production floor. This position will be responsible for ensuring that work orders are completed on time, according to the production schedule in an effective, safe and efficient manner. We are looking for someone who can meet or exceed quality control standards and ensure integrity of inventory and recordkeeping in an enterprise system.
We are EO & Everyone: For over twenty years we have been manufacturing personal care products out of pure plant extracts. EO stands for essential oils and they are the heart and soul of everything we do. We put the same care and attention into responsible business practices as we do into crafting plant-based personal care products that people love. We’ve been named Best Places to Work by the North Bay Business Journal.
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by planning, monitoring, communicating job expectations and appraising job results; counseling, disciplining and coaching employees; coordinating, initiating and enforcing systems, procedures and policies
- Maintain work flow by setting process variables, monitoring steps of the process; observing equipment and control points, studying methods
- Facilitate corrections to malfunctions, implementing cost reductions; initiating and developing a spirit of cooperation between and within departments
- Ensure adequate staffing scheduling to meet needed results. Evaluate, interview and hire for approved personnel.
- Educate and direct employees on the use of equipment, tasks, safe practices and resources available.
- Enforce the practice of 5S throughout production area.
- Manage Production supplies by utilizing Kanban.
- Follow good manufacturing processes, and all standard operating procedures.
- Perform regular quality inspections in all steps of production, and in the production lines to maintain overall product quality, and to minimize rejects.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, organization and safety of the production area.
- Develop needed or requested policies and procedures.
- Review inventory schedule and perform daily, accurate inventory counts, record and make appropriate corrections.
- 3 + years' experience in management in a manufacturing environment
- Available to work afternoon shift 1:30PM-10PM
- Working team member who can foster a collaborative and positive work environment with a hands-on approach.
- Experience with managing processes, leading process improvement, 5S and Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask, manage complex workload and handle pressure in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision (while simultaneously maintaining a sense of humor) is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and database software
We offer a fun, casual place to work & grow, vacation, medical, dental, 401k, profit sharing bonus and employee discounts. Our company culture fosters responsibility, relationships, and authenticity. Please email cover letter, salary requirement, and resume to the email listed in this ad. Learn more about us at www.eoproducts.com. EOE.